21/03/2010

What have we sacrificed for this Deen?

Assalamualaikum wbt,

My naqibah asked me that question during our regular daily usrah gatherings. To my opinion..yes i have actually sacrifecd quite allot of things for this Deen. I sacrificed my old friends, i sacrificed my old clothes, i sacrificed my old time favourite music i used to listen to, i sacrificed my wants and needs only for this dawah.

Only Allah knows how much sacrifice that took me. How much psychological damaging and brain-washing process i had to go through..for i was not like this before. I was a totally different person before.Many who never got to know me before tarbiyyah may not have known what kind of transition i had to go through. Maybe some of you new people in tarbiyyah may have thought Kak Sal was the Kak Sal now. Well you'll be shocked to know because the old me was not a preety sight i might say.

If you ask me was it hard to change?
My answer is yes!

If you ask me was it all worth it?
My answer is yes! Definitly. Although it was a painstaking process.

If you ask me what was the best thing i learnt through out this whole journey?
My answer is that you are able to put your whole trust in Allah that He will guide you through and through and that to learn that everything that happens has a reason behind it no matter how wrong you may look at it.

What is the biggest lesson learnt?
The biggest lesson i learnt is that only Allah knows what is best for me, not my parents, not my friends, not my schoolmate, not my teacher and not even myself. So if you want to ask something, ask from Allah. I you want to seek help, seek help from Allah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it will only benefit you with something that Allah has already prescribed for you and if the nation were to gather together to harm you with anything, it will only harm you with something that Allah has already prescribed for you.


Anyways I'm still trying to improve,trying to better my self. I hope i can find more things i can sacrifice. Hopefully Allah swt will continue to guide us all in this life. Peace out sisters.

=)
Uhibbuki Fillah.

Share with us:
What have YOU sacrificed for this Deen?